Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Inexpensive Yet Yummy Meal!

I am always on the look out for healthy meals that don't cost too much. Here is another favorite of mine. Spaghetti Squash spaghetti.  

Cut your squash in half lengthwise and place face down in a glass pan.  Add about 1/2 inch of water. Bake at 450 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven, cool, then scrape all of the squash innards into a bowl. It flakes out just like spaghetti! Top with pre-made sauce or make your own. Since I just made my mushroom pizzas a couple of days ago, I still had an open jar of sauce in the fridge. Top with grated cheese and tomato slices, mushrooms or any other favorite topper. This time I even experimented with vegetarian ground beef in the sauce.  I love this dish because it is so tasty and filling and it makes a lot. We had leftovers for dinner the next day, and there is still enough for lunch!

This meal allows me to trick my husband into eating a lot of vegetables without him realizing it!  A healthy crime indeed!

Ta Ta for now...

imgres.jpg