Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Calorie Counting App

To assist me in keeping on track with eating healthy, I came across this great free app for my ipod touch.  It is called "GoMeals".  It allows me to enter all the things I eat during a day and then it tallies calories, carbs, protein and fat.  It has built in food categories or you can custom enter meals that you make. 

It is amazing how quickly foods add up.  You start out with 2000 calories and it subtracts what you eat from that total, showing how many calories you have left for the day.  After a week I should have a good selections of the foods I eat the most of, and then building my daily plate will be just that much easier.

Right now, just taking the time to enter the things I eat is enough to make me not want to eat anything more!  It also quickly shows me which category I am overdoing things in!

Ta Ta for now...