Thursday, October 14, 2010

Horsing Around

I adore my horses! They are the most lovable and generous of creatures. Considering their size, you wouldn't necessarily think that that was the case.  They are forgiving and patient and can be very funny at times.  It can be costly to keep horses, but that is exactly why I am thrifty in other areas of my life.  I don't get my hair or nails done. I don't drink or smoke. My only therapy is getting out into the fresh air and spending time with these graceful four legged animals. For several hours a week I can escape, destress and forget all else around me!

When it comes time to prepare for winter, it is time to shop for blankets.  I tried two local consignment shops but found nothing.  So this evening I set aside time to do comparison shopping online. I had three windows open, Horseloverz, Stateline Tack and Dover Saddlery.  It can be a very time consuming process, but I built a shopping basket at all three to see which had the better pricing and selection.  HorseLoverz won! Then I went to my favorite website - RetailMeNot, typed in their name and found a code for an additional $6.99 off. Yay!  So within a week I should have the necessary blankets for winter.  It's not that we have such severe cold here in California, but the temperature can drop pretty low in the evenings.  Also, the blankets help keep them a little cleaner if it rains.  

There's nothing worse than scraping off mud and manure from their coats!

Ta Ta for now...

BobbyDotCom or just plain old "Bobby"
 to us, gives my daughter some  Love!
Rum Tum Tugger or "Tug"
as we call him munches away!