Buying the latest books and novels can cost you upwards of $15.00 each. Here are some tips on how to save money on one of your favorite pastimes.
- Download classics from Gutenberg.org for free.
- Amazon.com will sell you used paperbacks for about a dollar.
- Check with your local library. Mine has a "Friends of the Library" store where you can pick up hard covers and paperbacks at ridiculously low prices.
- Use the free app "Classicly" on your ipod or iphone to read classics for free.
- Hit local garage sales, I pick up books when I travel for .50 cents to $1.00
- Trade books at the airport. Some vendors have baskets where you can leave your read novels and pick up a new one.
- Check with the Goodwill or Salvation Army.
- Trade with your friends, especially on series books.
- Ask for gift cards to Barnes and Noble or Amazon for Christmas or your birthday.
I bet you could save over $200.00 a year by following some of these suggestions!
Ta ta for now...