Friday, April 15, 2011

Making Money at Marketing Re$earch

I am not sure how I made it on the phone list. Possibly when my Prius was new I answered on a piece of paper somewhere that I would be willing to participate in a survey. Well it finally happened! A call came to my cell, and not recognizing the number I was immediately suspicious. I kept listening to the young lady on the other end half expecting her to ask me for my social security number or some other type of private information which would be the definite tip off that her call was a hoax. Instead, it was a legitimate call to see if I would be interested in participating in some market research.

Being a curious person, I said yes!  I have participated in some on-line surveys for points, but I have never done anything like this. It was definitely interesting. From start to finish I spent around 3 hours looking at photos, mock-ups and real cars and gave my honest opinions. It was a little tiring, but not too difficult. I am not allowed to talk about what I saw, I can only say that I always wondered if car developers actually listened to the opinions of the public. Now I know! Or at least I know that there is research done. How the car companies use that information is beyond me.

The added bonus? Upon check out they handed me a check! Now I have a little extra mad money to spend when my sister visits from New York.  Sometimes life hands you a little extra bonus, thank you life!

Ta Ta for now...