Friday, May 27, 2011

Catalina Express is still FREE on your Birthday!

FREE Catalina Express BIRTHDAY RIDE EXTENDED into 2015!


Due to overwhelming popularity, Catalina Express is extending its  FREE PASS to anyone who wants to go to Catalina on their birthday! Just pre-register online, then download and print your free birthday voucher.  You must bring valid ID to show your date of birth. Other restrictions apply. Here is a list of Avalon Activities!

If it's still available, buy a $100.00 gift card for the Catalina Express for $79.00 through Costco to take the cost of your ticket down even further. I would suggest calling to book so that they can answer any questions that you might have.


Check with AAA. If you have an auto club membership you can save additional money on your roundtrip transportationClick here to print the required AAA coupon.

For additional discounts, keep checking with GROUPON in both the Orange County, San Diego and Los Angeles areas to see what discounts they are offering.

Catalina Express has frequent departures from San Pedro, Long Beach and Dana Point Harbors.  

Look at all of the fun stuff that you can do in Catalina. I have done the  "Zip Line Eco Tour" twice!  It's the only zip line in LA or Orange County and it provides a spectacular new view of the island. The Catalina Zip Line Eco Tour features five separate runs and drops a total of 440 feet while soaring you through Descanso Canyon toward the Pacific Ocean with heart-pounding speed. I booked my boat trip and zip tour at the same time through Catalina Express. That is the easiest way since they know both the boat schedule, tour capacity and spots left. Since I had already ordered my free voucher they took the reservation # from the ticket, but I still needed to bring it with me.

I know where I want to go on my Birthday! This offer is valid through December 31, 2015! Here is a list of additional Birthday Surprises available to you on Catalina. Use it! The offers are always changing, but include free things and discounts. When I went a second time I had a free lunch, a free ice cream cone and would have tried the rock wall for free if we could have found golf cart parking.(you can also get a golf cart discount).

You can even opt to upgrade your trip in either direction. I used mine in the Commodore Lounge on the trip back. You get priority boarding (like a fast pass at Disneyland) and it includes a beverage and snack. After enjoying a full day on the island, it was well worth it!



Ta Ta for now...save money!