Friday, March 11, 2011

When People Age

Aging isn't easy, and it is even harder as we see our parents and older loved ones struggling with their own passing into the golden years. Sometimes  it is even harder when they deny that there is a problem, or have no recollection of the things that they have said or done.

The main care and support of these beautiful and beloved people falls on many of our friends and family. They sometimes struggle with the extra burden of trying to maintain a normalcy in their lives, as the lives of their elders fall apart. I have a dear friend whose father is 94, blind and whose health is going downhill. I can tell from the tenure of her voice that the loss of her father is coming soon. Yet day by day she works, she comforts her mother and she assists with the care and comfort of her dad. 

I only hope that I have the strength and courage to face these things if need be. When it is thrust upon you, you deal with it the only way you know how. Deep within us is an inner strength that we sometimes don't even realize that we have, until we are called upon to use it.

This is for all of my friends who are currently in this situation. I pray that they have  continued strength to get themselves and their families through aging and sickness. I commend them for their spirit and giving nature, and I hope that I can be there for them if they need me.

Ta Ta for now...