Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Well, I'm not Irish but I sure do enjoy celebrating the cliches of any holiday! So tomorrow, as per my annual tradition, I cook up lunch for my staff. This Irish meal consists of corned beef, cabbage, carrots, bread and some shamrocky looking cookies for dessert. It's fun and it gives me a chance to drag my crock pots out and put them to good use!

What exactly is the "Luck of the Irish"?  According to some sources it is a reference to their imminent bad luck due to their hardships and life struggles. It is actually meant as a negative comment. A more positive interpretation would suggest it was the luck they had during the gold rush in America where so many toiled and found their "pot of gold". 

As for me, I celebrate my good fortune to be able to enjoy  corned beef and cabbage and a couple of bottles of Guiness beer and Killian's Red! For one day I will pretend to be Irish!

Ta Ta for now...
jmclift.blogspot.com.jpg