Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hotels

Since I will be out of town for the big college move, I needed to book a hotel room for our stay. There are some pretty incredible values out there right now. A lot of it has to do with it being off season, but I am sure that the economy is playing a huge part.

As usual, I have loyalty points started with every hotel chain I have ever stayed in! This comes in handy for a free stay every once in a  while. Because we have travelled to Chicago for college frequently over the past couple of years, I usually stay at Best Western because it is fairly close to campus, has reasonable rates and is a good value. Is it luxurious? no, but it is nice enough to get the job done!

Using Hotels.com, through my Upromise account, I earned 4% back instantly. They are also offering 30% off their rates right now. A room I usually have to pay $98.00 for not including taxes and hotel fees only cost me $62.00. I could have had the room for 58.00 a night, but I chose a slighter higher room rate that includes a 24 hour cancellation refund option. Because of the bad weather in the Midwest right now I thought spending $4.00 more a night was good insurance! As usual, I always cross reference the nightly price on hotels.com with the hotel's actual website to be sure that I am getting the lowest rate.

Let's hope the weather warms up a bit!

Ta Ta for now...