Sunday, November 28, 2010

Oh Macy's

As a rule, I don't usually like to shop Macy's. Every once in a while however, they just seem to be the one store that pops up with the items I am looking to buy when I do my online searches.  My husband wants a particular knife set for Christmas. Yay! I finally have one gift item to get him. I started pricing them before Thanksgiving and before all these so called sales started so I had a pretty good idea of how much they should cost.

Well wouldn't you know it! Once all these Black Friday, Thanksgiving, Cyber and let's get everyone to spend their money sales cropped up, the retail price at Macy's just happened to go up $10.00 more. So now I have a dilemma. Do I use my free shipping coupon that will save me $14.95 or my 20% off coupon that will save me $16.00 and then have to pay the 12.95 shipping?

Maybe I should just look to see how much it is at Linens & Things! I have until midnight tomorrow to decide, because that's when my current coupons will expire. Or perhaps I will be a real daredevil and just take a chance and wait to see what other offers will be used to lure the shoppers!

Ta Ta for now...