Monday, October 18, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays!

Sounds like the making of a good song to me!  I thought it never rains in California, but apparently we have accumulated a lot of moisture in the heavens above our usually sunny state.  I do have to say that I rather like it. But in all fairness, it is really not rain. At least not what we have had over the past couple of days.  It has been more like a light mist or a heavy mist. Constant enough to get you moist, but not heavy enough to warrant an umbrella.

This is our fall, or at least the closest we get to one.  It also makes me laugh to see how anxious Californians are to wear their fall clothes.  I ran out to the store today in jeans and a t-shirt, with a pair of cowboy boots to keep my tootsies dry. It was  pleasant, not hot, not cold, but with a gentle misting landing all around me.  And what clothing did I see wandering around the grocery store? Everything from high-heeled boots, leggings, bulky sweaters and hats.  You would have thought that I was in the Midwest.  I guess I can't blame them.  I love my fall clothes the best, but I usually only get to wear them when I travel east to colder climates.

What should I expect when these same people wear uggs with shorts in the middle of a 90 degree summer!

Ta Ta for now...
11.png