Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Generating Income from your Closet!

I was faced with the dilemma of what to do with extra clothes in my daughter's closet when she moved away from home. I wanted to find a way to generate some extra money for her new adult living expenses, and since my neighborhood doesn't allow garage or yard sales I turned to the internet for research.

While I found a lot of online options, there were definitely different factors to consider. I researched quite a few, but I ultimately decided on POSHMARK - You can access this website via your computer, sign up & buy items, but if you want to become an active seller you will need to download their app. It is very user friendly, and you can quickly set up your closet and list items for sale. Although it was primarily set up to sell women's clothing and accessories, I have come across children's and men's clothing, pet accessories and housewares!

Because it is a very social media site, I have been learning that it is very important to be active on the site, gain a lot of followers, follow a lot of people and participate in the many online themed "parties" that are hosted daily. My closet is relatively small, but after several months I have sold several items. It is my understanding that if I can get to 4000 followers, that that is a good basis number to help me start gaining new sales!

If you are wondering how it works, a potential buyer can buy your item or make an offer, that you can accept, reject or counter. If the sale is mutual, the company will email you a prepaid shipping label, you package it up and put it into the mail! If you sell your item for over $15.00 you keep 80%. If it sells below, they subtract a $2.95 fee and you keep the balance. 

If you decide to sign up, please use this CODE NKLQC and you will receive an instant $5.00 credit to apply against a purchase! If you would like to see my closet, you can visit it HERE.

Happy selling!

Ta ta for now...