Tuesday, September 3, 2013

National Park Passes

Well, I guess that there are a few really cool benefits to take advantage of once you are 62 - and here is one of them!

A National Park pass! This is your ticket to more than 2,000 federal recreation sites. Each pass covers entrance fees at national parks and national wildlife refuges as well as standard amenity fees at national forests and grasslands, and at lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management and Bureau of Reclamation. A pass covers entrance and standard amenity fees for a driver and all passengers in a personal vehicle at per vehicle fee areas (or up to four adults at sites that charge per person). Children age 15 or under are admitted free.

  • You can get a lifetime pass for ony $10.00 if you are over 62! This will gain you entry into all National Parks, Forests and National Monuments. It also includes other discounts.
  • For $80.00 a year you can get a standard annual  pass.
  • Free Annual Pass for U.S. Military
    Available to U.S. military members and dependents in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard and also, Reserve and National Guard members. Must be obtained in person at a Federal recreation site by showing a Common Access Card (CAC) or Military ID (Form 1173).
  • Free Access Pass For U.S. citizens or permanent residents with permanent disabilities. May be obtained in person at a federal recreation site or through the mail using this application form. The cost of obtaining an Access Pass through the mail is ten dollars ($10) for processing the application (the Pass is free). Applicants must provide documentation of permanent disability and residency or citizenship. May provide a 50 percent discount on some amenity fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launching, and specialized interpretive services. Generally does NOT cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or fees charged by concessioners. 

    Volunteer Pass - FREE For volunteers with 250 service hours with federal agencies that participate in the Interagency Pass Program. Contact your local federal recreation site for more information about volunteer opportunities or visit Volunteer.gov.

Go in person to any U.S. Forest Service or National Park Service office to obtain this pass. You will need to bring a photo ID.

Ta ta for now...save money!