Friday, December 30, 2011

NEW YEAR'S EVE 2012 - CELEBRATE!!

I can't believe that tomorrow is the last full day of 2011! Time has been zooming by. 

To get ready to celebrate, I used a "$10.00 off $75.00 purchase" coupon at BevMo! that they emailed to me to woo me back (I don't shop there that often, but having loyalty cards does have it's benefits!). I purchased some cheer in a bottle for the New Year Eve Festvities, and a very beautiful bottle I might add. I heard about a beer-champagne made by Samuel Adams call "Infinium" that they only make once a year, so I was very pleased that they had some instore. I picked up 4 bottles at $19.99, so I went slightly over the 75.00 requirement and then totally blew it by buying a small bottle of Baileys' as a stocking stuffer. I gave three bottles as gifts and have kept one for myself. Usually, to maximize coupons, I buy only the bare minimum needed to make the coupon valid, but heck, it's the holidays so I splurged!

I am very anxious to try this "Champagne-like beer with fine bubbles and a fruity, spicy aroma" as the label suggests. The tag also says that this "groundbreaking beer unites European brewing heritage with American innovation. Our brewers worked for two years with the world's oldest brewery, Germany's Weinhenstephan, to create a unique new beer style. They explored innovative brewing techniques but always remained true to the Rhenheitsgebot, a revered 1516 German beer purity law."

So in honor of my German heritage, and buying "American" I am excited to Ring in the New Year with a new beverage!

Happy 2012 to all!!!

Ta ta for now.....