Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Third Ballet Class

Well yesterday was my third ballet class! I can't believe I keep going back for more punishment. I am feeling a little more comfortable in the class with the structure and the warm up combinations, but I am still sweating like a pig! (where does that saying come from anyway - do pigs really sweat?)

I have to concentrate really hard on remembering some of the footwork exercises. I think that this is really good for my brain. By forcing myself to remember intricate or direction changing exercises, I think I will keep my old brain more active. Yay for brain exercises too!

My hamstring muscles are extremely tight, so I can forget about doing the splits. Even in the old days when I was in the best of shape the splits weren't always my thing. I also have a very had time doing any jumping exercises. I find myself huffing and puffing and hanging my head out the door for some fresh air.

I have one class left that I prepaid for, so that should take me into next week. Then I am off to a wedding and don't know when I will get back to take that class. They will probably assume that they scared me off. Oh well.

Here's a picture of me when I was young and dancing the Dream Ballet in Oklahoma at the San Bernardino Civic Light Opera. I even danced it on "Pointe".

That seems like another lifetime ago, did I really ever do that? Oh to be young again!

Ta ta for now....