Saturday, June 11, 2011

"Good" & Fiery?

I suppose that there is a reason that certain candy ends up at discount stores or odd lot clearance stores! I ran into a discount store today for a needed item and couldn't resist browsing the candy aisle, as I have a sweet tooth that reigns as commander in chief of my brain.

If there is such a thing as being health conscious when it comes to candy, when I feel the urge to splurge I try to buy a candy with little or no fat. (I suppose that my twisted brain associates this fact with helping me to keep my muffin top from enlarging).

Today's choice was a lovely, bright box of "Good & Fiery" touted as a sweet and spicy chewy candy. I love "Mike & Ikes" and "Hot Tamales", so bingo I thought I scored two for the price of one! I couldn't wait to break open the box and give them a try. I tossed a small handfull into my mouth, chewed and waited for the sweet and spicy sensation. The first flavor was fruity and sweet, followed by the spicy burn of cinnamon. That wasn't too  bad, but then the candy went into its third stage of trying to be sour and it left a nasty after taste. I felt like Vioet in Willy Wonka who chews the gum with a full course meal attached with unhappy results.

Needless to say, I did not continue to abuse my taste buds! This must have been a bad experiment by the Hershey Company at some point because this particular candy isn't even listed on their products page. The box is appealing, and the name sounded good, but alas it definitely missed the mark with me! That should teach me to curb my sweet tooth.

Ta Ta for now...

Good & Fiery taste like Bad & UnDesirery!