Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tree Hunting in the Rain!

Every year, since my daughter was a little girl we would buy our Christmas tree with our good friends and neighbors who have a son a couple of years older. It started because we have a  truck and offered to cart their tree home for them as well. Traditionally, after the hunt through the trees and the obligatory picture of the "kids" in front of our treasured find, we would go out for a nice dinner.

This year, since the son only got home yesterday, we were very late into the tree hunt. Most of the lots around our house had already closed up shop and left town to whatever tree region they came from. I hit the internet to see where there might be trees, but all I could find were tree farms. Since it has been pouring rain for 2 days straight, walking around many acres in the mud did not seem like a great option.

My friend suggested Home Depot. As we came closer to the store I saw two trees gracing the entrance and joked that we should just pull up and toss them in the truck! Lo and behold to my pleasant surprise they still had a tree lot with a good selection of trees left at affordable prices! Did I get the  best tree in the world? Well let me put it this way, you can do an awful lot with well placed ornaments and lights!

Tonight the tree is in it's rightful place of honor in the Living Room. Hopefully tomorrow my husband will string the lights and then we will get it decorated just in time for Christmas Eve. I will just have to leave it up a bit later to enjoy it this year!

Ta ta for now...

Two wet kids holding proxy trees under the tent where it was drier!