Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Check Your Receipts!

I think I mentioned this previously, but it pays to check your receipts after the clerk hands them back to you. Not right away necessarily and I am not saying that you should be checking for errors (but that never hurts either because sometimes you just don't get the prices that are advertised). 

Many times at the bottom of your receipt, the store invites you to go online to take a survey. There is usually a perk for participating! Often times it is an instant percentage off coupon for a future purchase. I did a survey today at JCP and received a coupon for 15% off my next purchase. If I combine that with free pickup at the store I am sure to get some great savings. Sometimes with your survey you will be entered into a sweepstakes, but I haven't had one of those yet.

I never hurts to look at the receipt to see what rewards mindful shoppers are being offered!

Ta Ta for now...

JC Penney For You Gift Card