I have been checking facebook for discount advice, signed up for emails from my favorite vendors and have used retailmenot.com for additional coupon discounts while looking for Christmas bargains. Here is what I have come up with and used so far, although I can't give out too many item details because family members may be checking by my blog and I don't want to blow the surprise!
- I went to the Disney Store to buy one gift, and when I asked the clerk if they had the toy I was looking for he said no. When I told him my 20% discount would expire soon he gave me a coupon for free shipping online. So by shopping online I saved a total of $18.85! Not bad at all!
- I received a free gift when I ordered my work paper supplies online at Staples.
- I bought 8 pairs of semi-precious stone earrings valued at $479.60 and only paid for the shipping amount of $35.70. They will come in soon and I will see what kind of quality they are. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.
- I had a GAP 30% off discount code, but unfortunately I couldn't find anything I liked as gifts for others. I know that there will be more discounts coming up.
- I have an Urban Outfitter code that I am waiting to use in the next couple of days. Just waiting to see if something better than 10% off shows up!
- I collected 2 perfume samples which wasn't a total bust because that was the day I got the free shipping coupon from the Disney Store
Despite my dislike of shopping, especially going to malls and hunting for parking, I have manage to capitalize on some savings. A lot of it has to do with the challenge of bargain hunting!
Ta Ta for now...