Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Morning and re-motivated!

It's the start to a new week and I thought it would be a good time to re-adress all those goals and promises we make to ourselves every December 31 before a New Year! You must be familiar with a few;  exercise, lose weight, eat healthy, take care of yourself, think of number one so that you can take care of the others in your life.  Maybe it's because my daughter is back off to college, or maybe it's this blog, but I am trying again!

I don't have a gym membership, but I do have a treadmill. Do you think I use it regularly - NO!  My goal is this, do something, some form of exercise every day other than walking upstairs to my room and walking the dogs!  I do go horseback riding twice a week, so that's two days taken care of.  How hard is it to fill in the other five days? HARD! It's hard to be self motivated but I am determined.  It's not that I am extremely overweight, I just don't feel right.  I hate that feeling when you are driving and you can feel those extra rolls of flab pushing up over your waistband on the pants that have gotten too tight over the years.

It's little things that help me as well.  When I do walk the dogs, I push myself to actually go around the block instead of only to the corner or until they do their business. Try to walk with purpose and energy, suck in the gut. Already I feel younger and more in shape!  What the heck, most of it's mental so I try to encourage myself any way I can. I must be my own personal trainer!

So I did the treadmill for one walking program this morning. Twenty minutes and 133 calories less later I get ready for work. Hey! It didn't take me twenty minutes to eat 133 calories! What's going on here?!!

I'll pack my usual snack for work, a bananna and a carb smart yogurt.  I'll hope and pray that no one brings in a cake or treat to share - hello I have no will power with sweets!  I will try to make a good choice for lunch.  It's usually the 3:00 to 5:00 window that is hardest right before dinner.

Well, I'm off to work!

Ta Ta for now...