Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Do I Have Gas?

Not a question asked lightly!  At my age, it's curious that I seem to have too much of the kind of gas I don't want and not enough of the kind of gas I need!

I am fortunate enough to have a Prius.  I had wanted one for a long time, but my husband kept telling me it was cost prohibitive.  He finally gave in 3 years ago and I will never get any other kind of car other than a hybrid.  The only drawback is that the tank only holds 10 gallons of gas.  I average about 50 miles per gallon.  The money that I save on gas makes up almost half of the  monthly payment, and it is almost paid off. The car has also taught me how to drive more fuel efficiently.  By watching the on board engine graph, I can see how poor driving habits drain the gas faster.

It is true what they always tell us; drive slower, don't speed up to stops, coast into lights and don't take off fast.  It all works to help you get more out of your gas tank!

Ta Ta for now...