I love a good bargain! and who doesn't? My secrets aren't really secrets at all, but maybe you have forgotten about these fun places to find unique and affordable treasures!
1. Goodwill. There are over 3000 retail shops located throughout the USA. Check their website and follow them on social media for news about sales and discounts.
They have a great Mission Statement - Goodwills meet the needs of all job seekers, including programs for youth, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities, criminal backgrounds and other specialized needs. Last year, Goodwill helped more than 9.8 million people train for careers in industries such as banking, IT and health care, to name a few — and get the supporting services they needed to be successful — such as English language training, additional education, or access to transportation and child care.
2. The Salvation Army Locate a store near you and check out their goods. You help the cause, and you may help save yourself some $$. You can also follow them on social media.
This is their Mission Statement -The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
3. Retail stores that help Domestic Violence causes. Just enter "Domestic Violence Resale Stores" in your browser to find a store near you. This is an excellent cause. They raise $$ to support Emergency Shelter, Transitional Housing, Counseling and Resource Programs through the resale of high-quality donated merchandise. Your donations will help fund powerful programs that help to end the cycle of violence for many individuals, families, and children affected by domestic violence.
4. Ebay. You can literally browse for hours. They do have excellent ways to filter for exactly what you are looking for unlike some other websites.
5. Garage Sales. Maybe you enjoy being out in the great outdoors. Garage sales are wonderful for finding bargains. You can also check facebook in your area. I have two local garage sale pages that I follow. You never know what will turn up! You do have to answer very quickly, however, to score the item!
6. Swap meets. Maybe you have some great swap meets in your area that you can go to on the weekend. Not only can you get some great, easy exercise by walking around, there is usually a huge variety of merchandise. Bring small bills and bargain away.
7. Antique stores. Although the prices aren't always the lowest, you can find one of a kind items. Don't be afraid to ask if the vendor will take less. They will usually quickly offer 10% off the tag price just to move merchandise. The stores also seem to offer sales that coincide with major holidays, so check back often & score some wonderful vintage items.
So there you have a quick shopping review!
Ta ta for now...save money!