There are some everyday things that you can try to eliminate puffiness and dark circles under your eyes. Get plenty of quality sleep, remove all of your eye makeup before you hit the bed, treat your allergies which can cause discoloration under the eyes, eliminate nasal congestion, eat well and don't smoke. Natural remedies include cold compresses such as cucumbers slices under the eyes to eliminate puffiness or laying a cool tea bag (the tannins in tea assist with discoloration) or cold spoon to your eyes for 10-15 minutes. I know that there are a lot of over the counter products to choose from for restoring youthful looks to your face, especially your eyes, but don't be overwhelmed!
Dark Cirlces: Discoloration under the eyes can be caused by several factors, genetics, exposure to the sun, thinning of the skin due to aging, the loss of collagen or uneven melanin production.
- Products that contain Peptides (these can increase collagen production) can help fill in the hollows under the eyes and diminish darkness.
- Matrixyl 3000 as an ingredient helps restore pigment balance and evening out skin-tone.
- Hyaluronic Acid is a moisturizer that plumps up skin cells which aids in boosting the thin skin under the eyes.
- Eyes creams that contain Vitamin K and Retinol
- Eye creams that contain caffeine, green tea, grapeseed oil or Vitamin C
I Would recommend that you search online to see which products contain the ingredients above. Natural remedies can be purchased at any health food store. Beauty creams can be purchase online or in stores. If you go to the manufacturer's website and if they have an email signup, they will usually have discounts or coupons available.
I just bought ROC Multi Correction 5-in-1 Eye cream at Target, and am anxious to see the results! I found a coupon right on their website for $2.00 off under "promotions". It is around $25.00, which is a mid-range price. I am also considering trying Strivectin-EV dark circle and puffiness correction cream. It is $59.00, so I am waiting to see how the RoC cream does first! I think that you can spend a small fortune trying all of these wonder creams! Ultimately though, I know I will find which one is right for me, and it will be a lot less than getting a facelift!
Ta ta for now...save money!