We all like to save money on a variety of different things, but this is about the things you SHOULDN'T cut corners on!
I gathered these suggestions from a variety of resources.
1. Moving Companies. It's better to hire professionals than to be shocked when the cheap movers don't show, your expensive items get dropped or damaged, or the movers high jack your goods, hold them for ransom and expect you to pay more than quoted. Go with a reliable company, it's your stuff and you want it to get from point A to point B safely.
2. Contractors. Pay for a licensed contractor. At least you have a course of action if the job is bad or not completed correctly. It's tempting to save money, but how many times have we been stuck with a inferior project that just has to be done over again anyway?
3. Car Insurance. Don't focus on the cheapest policy available to you, your car is a big investment and you need the best coverage that you can afford. Google the company name and read reviews from other consumers to help you decide.
4. Shoes. It is better to buy expensive or well made shoes at a discount outlet than to subject your tootsies to flimsy, poorly made shoes. Your spine and feet will thank you later!
5. Electronics. Cheaper is not always better, especially when they break down faster or don't work as long and end up in the junk drawer. Some cheap, off brands, especially from internet companies or odd lot stores will give you the junky quality as the junky price you paid for. Better off to save up and get a higher quality item.
Ta ta for now...save money!