If you are trying to save money for college or find scholarships and grants, here are some websites that you should familiarize yourself with.
- CollegeScholarships.com - this is a great search engine providing free guidance.
- studentaid.ed.gov - a Federal website with information on how to apply for federal student aid.
- FAFSA.ed.gov - Use this website to learn how to fill out the free application for federal student aid. The FAFSA form is requested by most college scholarship programs and is necessary for federal aid programs.
- ed.gov/offices/OSFAP/directloan/calc.html - Direct Loans website is a non-profit with information on how to apply for student loans and grants.
- FinAid.org - is the Smart Student Guide to financial aid.
- collegeanswers.com - is a great website to help you research and gather information on colleges suited to you based on test scores and other questions you fill out. They also list scholarships and contest for student aid.
- CollegeBoard.com - another great website for college research. A great tool for organizing your choices.
- Petersons.com - A comprehensive tool for college research.
- PrincetonReview.com - find out about SAT test schedule and take practice tests.
- FastWeb.com - a scholarship matching service.
- SallieMae.com - loans, banking and insurance for students.
Ta ta for now...save money!