Are online deals really a deal? This crossed my mind today as I sorted through all the emails bombarding my inbox and tossed them into the trash one by one.
If you are in the market for whatever is being offered, maybe. If you are getting caught up in the moment on a limited time offer, probably not.
It is so important to always read the "fine print" associated with these offers. Therein lie the clues, parameters, blackout dates, exclusions, disclaimers and limits on the offer. Here are some important questions to find out before you hit that "buy now" button.
- When does the offer expire?
- Are there blackout dates?
- How many total are being sold?
- Are there any hidden costs such as freight to ship, and if so does it make the item un-affordable?
- Is tax included?
- Are there handling charges or surcharges?
- What is the return policy, if any exist at all? Some sites do have refund or replacement policies.
- How far in advance do you need to book?
Keep in mind that there are also some great discounts and offers to be found in all those junk mail circulars and ValPak coupons that hit your real mailbox! They are usually geared to your neighborhood, so you don't have to travel too far to use them and you are supporting your local economy.
Ta ta for now...save money!