Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Outlet Mall Shopping

First off, I am not a very big shopper, but when I do shop I like to make it count. I have heard the pitfalls of outlet shopping, that some of the brands aren't real, or that name brands make clothes specifically for their outlets. But if you make wise choices or have some luck, you can score some nice things. Usually they have last season's stuff, but who cares!

This past weekend we went to Las Vegas. Being thrifty, I am Definitely not a Vegas person. But my husband needed a change of scenery from his hip surgery "stay at home" mode so we drove to Sin City. It's about a 5 hour drive for us and the long weekend was perfect.

The best part about Vegas for me is leaving! Especially because I like to stop at the Tanger Outlet in Barstow. My favorite store is Michael Kors. I always seem to have luck finding at least one item (usually blouses) that are a good price and bring me a lot of compliments. This trip I overdid it, but only because they were having a 50% off the lowest tag price of their winter line. I purchased 4 items valued at $519.00 for $176.46! That's over a 66% savings off of the retail tag. His looks are classic and the clothes are well made. My favorite is a beautiful black wool blend poncho. It's not a style that I would normally wear, but when I tried it on I fell in love.

In researching this outlet online I discovered that they also offer coupons for select stores. Next time I will check it out before I leave. You can also sign up online for the TangerClub, for email notices and specials, web offers and special savings. If you are a huge fan you can follow them on facebook.

Tanger has outlets all across the United States. Check their listing to see if there is one near you. It is definitely worth a visit!

Ta ta for now...save money!

MSRP $250.00, online $188.00, my price $99.00!

MSRP $99.50, online sold out but was marked down to $34.00,  my price $ 24.99