Yes! The weather is starting to cool down, the mornings are brisk and there is a hint of fall in the air! It's also October, so I have decided to hunt down the Oktoberfests to see what is going on where.
- Huntington Beach: 09/04/2011 - 10/30/2011 Complete with German bands from Europe, dancing, imported beers and tasty German foods--from bratwurst to potato salad to hot pretzels and apple strudel--Oktoberfest has something for everyone.
- Fall Harvest Festival 10/8-10/31, Mission Hills - 4 acre cornstalk maze, farm activities, farmer's market & pumpkin patch.
- Calabasas Pumpkin Festival - Oct.15-16
- Pomona Pumpkin Festival - Oct15-16 - admission is free and you can buy a pumpkin!
- Autumn Harvest Festival in Lake Forest - October 22 at Heritage Hill.
- Pumpkin Patch at Faulkner Farm, Santa Paula - October 1- 30 - Weekend harvest festival with pumpkins, hay rides, mazes, crafts and others.
- Pumpkinliner Trains, FIllmore. Weekend train rides to "Ichabog" with haunted hay maze, food arts and crafts.
- Moorpark Fall Harvest Festival - October 1- 31
- Ventura Fall Harvest Pumpkin Patch - October 1- 31
- Oaktoberfest in Avila Beach - October 15th. - special oak aged beer, live polka music and Oktoberfest fun!
- Del Mar Harvest Festival - October 21-23. 600 vendors, live music and entertainment and a kid's zone.
- Harvest Festivals listing.
Other great fall adventures also include going to Julian to pick apples, eating some of their famous apples pies, drinking cider and also picking apples at Oak Glen!
Enjoy the fall weather and enjoy time with your families!
Ta ta for now...