Thursday, June 23, 2011

Secret Concept Car?!

I know, another car story! But what can I say - this was unplanned and fortuitous. I guess I love the unique and unordinary, if that's a word. My eyes are just drawn to the unusual and here is what I saw on the way to work.

At first glance, the black car that passed me looked a bit odd. My first thought was, what the heck is that! It looked like a black car bra, but instead of being over the front grill as they usually are, this one covered the entire car! It was so intricate that it had many velcroed pieces to allow for physical access to the car, but not visual access. After it passed me I remembered that my camera was in my purse, so I dug it out and tried to capture this oddity. Now of course it was about 8 cars ahead of me, so I had to speed up, try to focus the camera and try not to crash if the morning traffic stopped for some reason!

I can tell you that the plates were from Michigan, and they said "manufacturer" on them. What were they hiding as they test drove this mystery car in California? The side lines looked similar to my Prius. The back end looked a little squarer, but that could be to allow for trunk access. There were no hubcaps, just basic tires and rims, lest they give away some kind of secret to identifying it. Now I am obsessed with knowing something that I will never know the answer to.

Here are my best shots!





After further computer slewthing, I think that this might be Ford's new "C-Max" which was  unveiled during the press preview of the North American International Auto Show at the Cobo Center on January 10, 2011 in Detroit, Michigan. The body lines are very similar to a Prius and to the photos I captured! One can only surmise!



Ta ta for now...