Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Saving On Dining Out

If you have never heard about Restaurants.com you should check them out for some great ways to save on dining.  I bought a $25.00 gift certificate to a local restaurant in my area for only $3.00! They were running a spring special for 3 days which I took advantage of, but the usual savings are still tremendous. I couldn't get my facebook link to work which would have given me an additional $25.00 egift card from their website with a purchase, but I will certainly keep my eyes open for another offer like that. After the fact I  discovered that I can earn additional money by purchasing through my UPromise account, my other favorite way to shop! (live and learn!)

This website is a great way to experience restaurants in your area without  breaking the bank. You do have to read the restrictions that the restaurants place on the gift certificates such as specific dates you can't use them, not combining discounts, or a minimum dollar amount you must spend at the establishment. 

It is also a great way to pay for desserts or cut the cost of a main entree! We will be going for a delicious family dinner before my daughter heads back to school after her spring break is over. I have eaten at this particular restaurant before, and even though by appearance it doesn't look like much because of it's strip mall location, the menu is very elegant and gourmet. It just goes to show you that appearances can be deceiving! 

Ta Ta for now...