Friday, December 31, 2010

Peter Pan Takes me to Neverland!

As a gift to my family, I purchased tickets to see Peter Pan produced by ThreeSixty Entertainment for the day after Christmas. It was a most magical production presented "in the round" with CGI or computer generated imagery that created London all around and above us. We were literally enveloped in the action as Peter and the Darling children flew through London and Michael and John took us under water to swim with the Mermaids in Neverland. It was a true rendition of JM Barrie's written book with technology and whimsy blended together into a fantastical escape to the place where Pan won't grow up.

The use of puppetry for Nana the dog and mechanics for a man-peddled crocodile made of wooden coat hangers only added to the whimsical nature. There was also swordplay, acrobatics, aerial ballet on long fabric ropes called Aerial Tissu and of course wonderful acting.

At one point, perhaps close to the end of the show, I realized that I was literally sitting there with a smile on my face and had probably been in that state for the entire show! To some I may have looked daft, but it was the smile in my heart shining through.

Merry Christmas to me! When the show closes in California on January 21, it will move on to Atlanta where it will run until March 20 and then on to Chicago where it will open on April 29, 2011. If you have an opportunity to catch this production, you won't be disappointed!

Ta Ta for now...